Corporate Counsel can help you with the notarization of documents, acting as a commissioner of oaths and commissioning your affidavits. We can have your documents officiated usually within 10 minutes. Our services are quick and cost-effective.
choose your plan
Commissioner of Oaths
Certified True Copy
Each Addition Document
All prices are exclusive of HST and inclusive of disbursements.
Please ensure to bring original documents and valid photo ID.
What is a Notary and a Commissioner of Oaths:
A commissioner for taking affidavits is a person who can administer an oath, affirmation or declaration – such as when someone is swearing or affirming an affidavit. A notary public can act as a commission but can also verify that signatures and make certified true copies of documents.
When do you need a Notary:
You will need a notary for the following:
- creating a certified true copy of a document
- notarizing official documents that require it
- when sub-contractors are required to verify that they have been paid for a specific invoice by the general contractor
- submitting an affidavit of service to the courts
- consent letters if you are traveling with your child and you are without the child’s other parent or your significant other (see the Canadian government’s requirements here).
Have questions? Email us or call us at 416.519.6886.